Splitting LtiLibrary into LtiLibrary.Core and LtiLibrary.AspNet

While I was writing the OWIN middleware for LTI, I noticed that Microsoft and every OWIN middleware contributor created two libraries: one that had no dependencies on ASP.NET and another that did. So I did the same and created LtiLibrary.Owin.Security.Lti (no dependencies on ASP.NET) and LtiLibrary.AspNet.Identity.Owin (dependent on ASP.NET).

That worked out pretty well…so I decided to do the same thing with LtiLibrary. Soon there will be two new packages NuGet to replace LtiLibrary. LtiLibrary.Core is not dependent on ASP.NET, and LtiLibrary.AspNet is dependent on ASP.NET.

Although the LtiLibrary classes, methods, and properties remain the same, the namespace changes, so I will increment the version to 1.5. I’d love feedback on whether I drew the line appropriately…especially while 1.5 has the “-alpha” or “-beta” version suffix.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s